JOB OPPORTUNITIES (3)
1. Community Officer/Mobilizer (See Below)
General Internship, Volunteer and Research Opportunities (0)
Request For Proposals & Quotes (0)
POSITION: Community Officer/ Mobilizer
LOCATION: Nyimba / REDD+ site
PROJECT: USAID Community Forests Program (CFP)
REPORTING TO: Community Engagement Manager
CONTRACT TYPE: 1 years, renewable
BCP is seeking a dynamic, talented, hard-working individual to join our Community Engagement Team as a Community Officer/Mobilizer, to support community-based activities at field-based REDD+ projects at the Nyimba Site. This position involves with frequent travel within rural areas in Eastern Province in basic camping conditions. He/she must be interested in community engagement, and must be very comfortable with working in remote, rural, field-based locations. This is an Equal Employment Opportunity and applicants will be evaluated based on technical qualifications.
- Coordination of schedule meetings, collect and share information
- Collection of data and basic reporting on community engagement and project impacts.
- Records-keeping and data management
- Participation in PLA techniques for community engagement, involvement in land-use planning
- Information sharing, sensitization, consultation and engagement
- Able to work in rural setting with initiative and facilitate development at chiefdom level.
- Assist in planning, coordination and equipment and partner management for field-trips
- Literacy – able to read, write, undertake basic reporting, financial and data-collection activities.
- Demonstrated experience and/or interest with community engagement, mobilization and/or environmental programs.
- Fluency in relevant local languages (Eastern Province) (Officers require fluent English).
- Able / willing to ride a motorbike: valid motorbike license OR willing to obtain a license.
- Willingness to travel in the Chiefdom, including riding a motorbike, camping in basic conditions and working in remote and/or forested areas.
- Officer candidates must possess a completed certificate / diploma / academic course and/or at least 1-year professional work experience is preferred.
Compensation: A competitive remuneration will be offered.
Application Process: Interested, qualified candidates, please send a Cover Letter and CV (list of qualifications) to the CFP Office in Nyimba, and/or submit to email@example.com, with Community Officer/Mobilizer – Nyimba in the title. Deadline: 18th April 2017.
General notice on communications pertaining to all positions:
Due to a high volume of communications and correspondence, BCP may possibly only communicate with short-listed individuals concerning the status of their application. Please send any specific queries to firstname.lastname@example.org. However, we cannot guarantee a response to every application submitted.