At BCP we seek talented professionals who are leaders, and are committed to our mission.
We hope you will consider applying to join one of the most driven, supportive, mission oriented conservation teams in Africa!
POSITION: Conservation Manager
LOCATION: Mfuwe / REDD+ site (HQ)
PROJECT: USAID Community Forests Program (CFP)
REPORTING TO: Conservation Coordinator
Supervises: Conservation Officers
CONTRACT TYPE: 1 years, renewable
BCP is seeking a dynamic, talented, hard-working individual to serve as a Conservation Manager for REDD+ activities at field-based REDD+ projects in Mfuwe. CM shall oversee all conservation activities for all sites with a sole objective of achieving reduced deforestation in REDD+ protected areas. This position involves frequent travel in all project sites to ensure congruence in policy formulation and adherence.
This is an Equal Employment Opportunity and applicants will be evaluated based on technical qualifications.
- Formulate effective security systems and plans, in close association with the partners, including local communities, and to oversee the implementation thereof.
- Oversee all aspects of landscape-level REDD+ management and planning processes, including implementing land management, security operations, capacity building, community and stakeholder engagement, forest monitoring coordination, biodiversity monitoring systems, GRZ engagement, fire management and infrastructure development.
- Ensure conservation sensitization through Community Engagement Team is effective.
- Ensure sound enforcement of all signed REDD+ agreements in all sites.
- Monthly Biodiversity reports/dashboard and maps.
- Monthly cutline and firebreak reports. General maintenance of the eco-system
- Weekly achievement/plans bullets for all Cons Officers.
- Develop and implement fire management plan for the CFA in Mfuwe site
- Degree in Forestry / Natural Resources Management / Wildlife Conservation / Agroforestry from a recognized institution.
- A sound Conservation Practioner.
- Demonstrated minimum five years plus experience and/or interest in conservation.
- Strong reporting, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organisational skills with a high operational and leadership acumen.
- Computer literate (plus the use of GPS and Android devices).
- Experience working with USAID projects is a plus.
- Lead and supervise all conservation management activities in the CFAs of Mfuwe
- Strong personal integrity and dependability.
- Preparation of Camp Operational budgets and plans.
- Diplomacy and ability to maintain and nurture existing, and develop new, relationships and partnerships with relevant stakeholders in the project area, including government authorities, local communities, national and international NGOs, private sector and research institutions.
Compensation: A competitive remuneration will be offered.
Application Process: Interested candidates should send a Cover Letter and CV to email@example.com, with Conservation Manager in the title. Deadline: Open until the position is filled in.